How Wood Pellets Are Made?
If you are curious about how to make wood pellets, the following introduction and video are helpful for you. Nowadays, small pellet machines are more and more popular as many families tend to make their own pellets instead of buying pellets at a high price.
1. First, you should be clear about what can be made into pellets, for fuel pellets for example. Biomass fuel pellets can be made from many organic materials such as wood, paper, cardboard straw, alfalfa, corn husks and stalks, grass clippings, yard wastes, and many forest & agricultural wastes.
2. If the material is too wet, please dry them in the sun to a moisture content of about 18%.
3. For some materials of big size, you should crush them first with a wood crusher, the best material size for making pellets is about 3-5mm.
4. The next step is pelletizing, you can look at the following video.
5. For making biomass pellets for home use, after the pellets are discharged, you can store them in a container or a bag after the pellet temperature drops.
Details of 300AD Diesel Flat Die Pellet Mill
1. Introduction. The 300AD flat die pellet mill is a heavy-duty pellet mill with roller driven design, it can process both feed pellets and fuel pellets. The adjustable pressing ratio of flat die pellet mill design, can not only make softwood pellets but also hardwood pellets.
◆The common material for making biomass pellets are leaves, branches, stalks, straws, shells, grass, etc.
◆ Feed Pellets: Animal feed was a product of materials such as alfalfa, grain, oil cake, etc.
◆ Moisture content of material: 14%-18%
◆ Material size: less than 5mm.
2. 300AD Flat Die Pellet Mill Parameters
|Model||Power||Capacity||Mould Dia||Packing Size|
|300AD||30HP||Wood Pellet Production: 220-280 kg/h
Feed Pellet Production: 400-600 kg/h
3. Mobile Pellet Mill Package
| Warranty: 1 Year
Payment Terms: L/C, T/T
Package: Wood Case
Features of AMSP-300AD Portable Pellet Mill
1. Adopting cold-pressing molding technology, the die is of premium quality and long service time.
2. Driven by a diesel engine makes pellets production possible, especially in the rural area with a shortage supply of electricity.
3. The key components are made of high-quality alloy steel and wear-resisting material, the lifetime will be 5-7 times more than the common one.
4. Adopt a screw-center adjusting pressure structure which makes a flat die pellet mill more practical.
5. Pellets size is from 2-12 mm on your requirement. When making a different size, you just need to change the die mold.
6. Adopting rotating rolls and stationary dies in mold design, this flat die pellet is designed to make fuel pellets and feed pellets.
Factors Influencing Pellet Production
Pellet production in real life may come across many problems. How to improve the productivity of the pellet press? And what’s the key point in operating pellet machines? Here are many factors affecting pellet production in industrial production.
1. The Feeding Rate
There is an adjustment that is not well known to have an impact on pellet production. That is the rate of feed put into the pellet mill. In fact, adjustment on feed rate and maintaining a consistent feed rate can be the key factors to impact pellet production, even if the raw material is perfectly prepared.
2. Operating Temperatures
Temperature is a key requirement in pellet production. Unless a certain temperature is reached in the pellet mill, natural lignin will not melt. It is not possible to produce some biomass pellets. For example, wood pellets without sufficient heat. However, if the temperature is too high, this can damage the pellet mill and particular consumables such as the pellet mill die, rollers, bearings, and seals.
3. Clearance between the roller and die
Another adjustment that can impact heavily how successfully the pellet mill operates is the distance between the roller and die template. The roller and die are wearing consumable parts, due to the abrasive nature and pressure of compression. The distance set between the roller and die can impact how much energy the pellet mill uses, the quality of the pellet, pellet mill productivity, and the number of fines produced. Correctly, setting up the die on a pellet mill will also increase the life of the roller and die, and reduce the cost of changing these consumable parts.
4. Die Template Rotation Speed
The speeds at which the roller and die turn affect the complex relationships during pellet compression. Some materials require a greater time under compression and therefore require a slower rotation speed.
5. Die Design and Material Used
Many different forms of metal alloy are used to produce pellet mill die templates. Different metal alloys have specific advantages. Using the correct alloy is critical to reduce wear and increase production. The type of metal used also affects the finish of the die-holes. Our flat die pellet machines all adopt high alloy steel to make dies and rollers to lower consumption.
Best Diesel flat die pellet mills for sale. Affordable Pellet Machines. Buy from flatdiepelletmill.com, and enjoy great after-sale service!